First Quarter Reading:
- ask and answer questions about details in a story
- distinguish the differences between fiction and non fiction.
- attend to details in a story and it’s illustrations.
- conversational talk about stories read
- write a personal narrative in which they tell about two or more appropriately sequenced events, and include some details regarding what happened
- use temporal words to signal event order, and provide some sense of closure
- use conventional spelling for words with common spelling patterns and for frequently occurring irregular words.